Brooklyn's first el was opened in 1885, by the Brooklyn Elevated Railroad. It operated from the Brooklyn Bridge via York St., Hudson St., Park Ave., Grand Ave., Lexington Ave., Broadway, and Fulton St to VanSiclen Ave. In 1888, the Myrtle Ave el opened from the Brooklyn Bridge to Broadway.
from 'Tracks of New York' - Volume 2 - by A. P. Kahn & J. May - 1975 -
Electric Railroaders' Association.
The map is enlarged in the display to about 1½ times the size of the scan.
It crossed the existing line from Park Ave to Lexington Ave along Grand Ave at grade. This made for delays at Grand and Myrtle Ave. For a brief period, the Myrtle trains turned into Lexington Avenue and the Park Avenue trains turned into Myrtle Ave. This didn't last too long as the Park Ave line was closed in 1891.
- The JoeKorNer